Claude Grethen, MD
Dr. Grethen received his medical degree from the
Medical University of Innsbruck in 1986 and completed his residency
in Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery at Salzburg University Hospital.
Dr. Grethen completed fellowship programmes in bones, joints and
soft tissues infections under the supervision of Univ. Prof. Dr.
Graninger, Univ. Prof. Dr. Reinhard Windhager and Univ. Prof. Dr.
Rainer Kotz at Vienna University Hospital, in special joint surgery
under the supervision of Surgeon-in-Chief, Professor of Orthopaedic
Surgery, Dr. Thomas P. Sculco at the Hospital for Special Surgery,
New York and in treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors under the
supervision of Prof. Dr. John Healy at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Cancer Center in New York. He served as consultant (Oberarzt) at
the Department of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery at Salzburg
University Hospital. There, he was appointed director of the division
of Bone Tumors in 1994 and the division of Orthopaedic Infectious
Diseases in 1995. Among his many significant contributions to the
orthopaedic surgery in Austria, he is the first Austrian orthopaedic
surgeon performed CT-guided resection of osteoid osteoma.
Clinical interests include: foot and hand surgery, total hip replacement, (THR), hip resurfacing, autologous vartilage transplantation (ACT Knee Joint), total knee replacement (TKR), cartilage repair, knee arthroscopy (KA) and shoulder surgery.
- Medical University of Innsbruck, 1986
- Salzburg University Hospital
- Vienna University Hospital
- Vienna University Hospital (bones, joints and soft tissue infections)
- Hospital for special surgery, New York (special joint surgery)
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (bone and soft tissue tumors)
- Austrian Board in Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery, 1996
- Salzburg University Hospital, 1997-2005
- Director of the division of Bone Tumors at Salzburg University Hospital in 1994
- Director of the division of Orthopaedic Infectious Diseases at Salzburg University Hospital in 1995
- Austrian Society of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- Austrian Foot Society
EMCO PRIVATE HOSPITAL
A-5422 Bad Duerrnberg/Salzburg
Phone: +43 / (0)6245 / 790 - 426
Fax: +43 / (0)6245 / 790 - 454